Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Anthony Bourdain Hasn't Finished Talking Shit About Guy Fieri

Does every single interviewer ask Anthony Bourdain about Guy Fieri, or does he just pop off about him unprovoked? In his new interview with AdWeek, Bourdain had this to say:


What are your thoughts on YouTube food stars?
"I don't know any of them, but I'm all for it. I think it's a wide open space. People are clearly interested in it. Even the worst of them in principle do good for the world, and the more we talk about food, the more people that are interested in food, the more people that are interested in cooking. It's not just good for business for me personally, which it is, but it's good for chefs everywhere. The empowerment of chefs by whatever means necessary is, in general, a positive thing in my view."

That's interesting because I thought you'd be trashing them given your strong feelings about Food Network host and restaurateur Guy Fieri, for example.

"I find Guy Fieri a rich and deep vein of comedy, there's no doubt about it, and he's worthy of a solid and maybe relentless mocking as anyone who has made his sartorial choices deserves. But is he bad for the world? On balance, probably not. I would greatly prefer to not have a Guy Fieri restaurant in Times Square. It hurts me. It offends me. But somebody clearly loves it."

Well, that solves it. I guess every single interviewer really does ask Anthony Bourdain about Guy Fieri!


No comments:

Post a Comment