Monday, June 6, 2016

Nicholas Brendon Talks Relapsing

Nicholas Brendon recently released a statement to Us Weekly after fans spotted him drinking at a Comic-Con in Des Moines, Iowa in May. Here's what he had to say:

"Recently, some people have gone to the media saying they saw me drinking at a convention. This is completely true. I was feeling down, went to the hotel bar and ordered a few beers. I’m in the public eye, but I’m just like any person working the program. It’s minute by minute, day by day, and I’ve unfortunately stumbled. I’m very happy to say that nothing like the events of last year have occurred, and I am committed to making sure that they never do again. After I returned [from Iowa], I and those helping me deal with my addictions and depression took steps to help me maintain my sobriety. At this time, I’m focusing on the positives and each new day that I can face without a drink is a plus for me. For my loved ones and fans, I’m sorry if I’ve let you down, but all any of us can do is try. I am.”

Nicholas, I thought we talked about this. Stay away from the comic-con circuit!


No comments:

Post a Comment