Friday, April 22, 2016

Gillian Anderson Mulls Plastic Surgery

Gillian Anderson recently sat down for an interview with People, where she mulled the prospects of having plastic surgery. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"At 47, I feel quite strongly that I wouldn't do plastic surgery, but also, I know that I am a vain woman. Talk to me in ten years – they may have invented something which feels less invasive, and then it's possible that the line will be easier to cross. I don't want to say never. I don't want to be hypocritical about it. But also, at this juncture, I just hope that I would be able to embrace these stages of my aging face, and not feel like something was wrong and that it needed to be fixed through surgery.

It's sad that in general there's shame around [aging]. Not only is it common for women to feel shame about aging, but it's common for press and the general public to make people feel bad for their aging, which also contributes to the amount of work that women end up having done. I fall prey to it myself. I notice my own opinions about changes that are happening on my body and face, and the feelings that come up as a result of that. I think if we shifted our perception, and embraced the natural aging process as something that was celebrated rather than shamed and made taboo, women would respond to it differently." 


No comments:

Post a Comment