Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Catching Up with Tina Fey

The Hollywood Reporter recently caught up with Tina Fey at the Tribeca Film Festival. Here's what she had to say:

On changing her Emmy status so she can vote for actors this year:

“You have to pick which you’re in, and I was always [categorized] as a writer. I could have had acting, but I just never did. I did it just so I could vote for Sterling K. Brown and Sarah Paulson.” 

On the prospect of another series with Amy Poehler:
“We’re regarded as a comedy team, which is certainly fine by me. But I think we both know this to be true — it’s because we’re actually both alphas. So it works in short spurts, but I don’t know if we would make a real dynasty.”

On Into the Woods:
“I tried to beg my way into that movie. That was in my weird year off between TV shows. I realized that when people say they’re gonna ‘stretch themselves,’ it just means they’re gonna annoy people.” 

On Social Media:
“I just George W. Bush it: remember, he was like, ‘I don’t read the paper.’ Smart man!”


No comments:

Post a Comment