Friday, April 22, 2016

Catching Up with Samantha Bee

The Hollywood Reporter recently caught up with Samantha Bee at the Tribeca Film Festival. Here's what she had to say:

On her wardrobe for the show:
"I [wore] a dress in a test show because I thought that's what you did and I was so uncomfortable. I was just physically so tight and cinched into the dress. And my high heels kept poking through the floor because the floor wasn't really finished. My outfit was a disaster, and I think possibly the next rehearsal, I just wore a blazer. A blazer is just my life staple. I rock a blazer. I can't help it. I was just wearing a blazer and running shoes at rehearsal and people were like, 'You seem really comfortable. Do you want to wear that on the show?' 'Please. Because that dress was terrible.'"

On the Eddie the Eagle Mascot Costume segment:
"That story took a long time to produce from start to finish. It was a really long process of figuring out the legal parameters of everything [including navigating various states' gun laws]. We knew when the piece aired that someone would try to sue us for sure, which definitely would have happened except it was so locked down and air tight."

On her sitdown with Texas abortion-regulations supporter Dan Flynn:
"I like us to be on pretty equal footing when we go into a room together — it actually just makes me feel better, quite honestly. So he was very aware of our point of view and what we were talking about. I mean, this is not going to be easy to believe but we actually had a really great conversation. He was really pleasant. We had a nice afternoon. We disagree with each other on absolutely, almost everything. I mean anything politically, we pretty much disagree on but as people we're agreeable. We certainly had a lively discussion. At the end of the discussion, it was quite amicable and friendly. I don't think he liked the piece, but he did have a chance to express his point of view, and we're being very careful about that on the show. We're really giving people a chance to express their point of view. It's important to me that we give people enough, you know, at least, time, that they feel like, 'I got my point out there.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment