Friday, December 18, 2015

John Krasinski Grew Some Muscles

John Krasinski is playing the role of a Navy Seal in an upcoming Michael Bay movie, so he got jacked for the role in 16 weeks. He covers this month's Men's Health magazine here's what he had to say:

On his "last meal" before his diet, where he ate 50 quesadillas:

“There was a create-your-own quesadilla thing, and this guy just kept making us quesadillas. I thought, ‘This is it. This is my last night of freedom.’ So I went for it. I thought, ‘Oh, it’ll all turn into muscle.’ That’s where I didn’t really understand the science.”

On his twice a day, five times per week workouts:
"I gotta be honest: It was brutal at times. We did tons of metabolic work, dragging sleds and all this stuff I've seen NFL players do...Getting stronger every day is thrilling. To be able to do 20 pull-ups.”

On whether or not he'll keep it up:

“I think there’s a part of you where you become addicted to it. I love feeling strong. You pick up your daughter with ease, while everyone else makes a little grunt when they pick up their kids. I walk with better posture and a little more presence. I was more of a sit-in-the-corner guy. Now I’m a lot less of that.”


No comments:

Post a Comment