Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dita Von Teese Talks Everyday Glamour

Dita Von Teese recently released a new book, Your Beauty Mark. People caught up with her to talk about her everyday routine. Here's what she had to say:

“I’ve loved finding ways to be comfortable around the house, but glamorous at the same time. I always collected vintage robes and pajamas. In my early teens, I discovered I could buy vintage 1950s slips for next to nothing, and that was my look. I decided I was going to look like Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and I thought, ‘How glamorous but comfortable: I don’t have to put on sweatpants!' On a normal day, I usually have a rule that if I’m going to leave the house, I put on a sweep of face powder and my red lipstick, put my hair in a chignon, and I wear sunglasses and go."

“Going to pilates, going to the grocery store, seeing friends — I’ll usually spend about 20 minutes getting ready. Then, I have my, like, 70 percent ‘power glamour look for meetings or if I think I might get photographed: That’s something I might spend 45 minutes on. And for my full red carpet look, I spend 1 1/2 hours.”


No comments:

Post a Comment