Monday, December 14, 2015

Willow Smith Has A New Album Out

Surprise! Willow Smith, 15, dropped her debut album on Friday. She released the following statement, as reprinted by People: "Ardipithecus Ramidus is the scientific name of the first hominid bones found on earth. I wanted to name my musical compilation after it because while I was making these songs, I was in such a transitional state; digging deep in the soil of my heart and finding bits and pieces of my ancient self that tell stories, which end up being the lyrics to the songs." 

Here are some of the lyrics to her new song Cycle: "I really wanna cry. I don't sleep at night. I'm going out with those kids – we're howling, we're howling. Kids, we do what is right. We do what is wrong. But what is right? Please, explain to me what is wrong." 

Doesn't sound as catchy as whipping her hair back and forth, which she did when she was 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment