Saturday, September 19, 2015

Aziz Ansari and Girlfriend Courtney McBroom Share How They Met

Aziz Ansari and his girlfriend, chef Courtney McBroom recently sat down for an interview with Food & Wine magazine, where they talked about how they met. The magazine quotes them as follows:

McBroom: "I was working at Momofuku Milk Bar in Manhattan. Someone said, 'Aziz Ansari is here!' I didn’t know who he was. A year later we met at an event and bonded over Hokey Pokey cookies. They’re made from smoked oats and a weird New Zealand toffee candy called Hokey Pokey. Basically, the Hokey Pokey brought us together.”

Ansari: “It’s definitely awesome to be with someone who has skills in the kitchen. I mix drinks so I feel like I’m contributing something. Lately it’s been margaritas. I’m not going to lie about it: I am not a big margarita guy. But in Mexico we discovered a honey liqueur, XtabentĂșn, and it has changed my margarita game.”


No comments:

Post a Comment