Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Zoe Kravitz Opens Up About Eating Disorder

Zoe Kravitz recently sat down for an interview with Complex Magazine. In the interview, she opened up about her struggle with an eating disorder. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I had a really hard times when I was 16, 17, 18. I started with the eating disorder in high school."

The disorder resurfaced while Kravitz was filming a movie:
"You could see my rib cage. I was just trying to lose more weight for the film but I couldn't see: You're there. Stop. It was scary."

On finally conquering it:
"I just felt it was different. I don't know...if a fucking spirit came over me and said: 'You have to stop.' It made me not only confront my demons, but also realize and accept an insecurity that's still there, and [that it's] easy to fall back into that pattern. I feel like something has left my body, like some part of me is gone now, something that was making me so insecure. And it feels amazing."

Read the full interview at Complex Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment