Thursday, April 2, 2015

Karl Lagerfeld Thinks New York Is Boring

Karl Lagerfeld recently sat down for an interview with New York Magazine. The magazine talked to him about a variety of subjects, and they quote him as follows:

On what he likes to do when he visits New York City:
"Nothing. I see nothing, I do nothing, I do everything from my room in the Mercer, working at my desk on things with Choupette keeping me company -- I don't force her, by the way. She comes naturally."

On his disdain for travel:
"I imagine the world from my window. I'm happy wherever I am. I'm very happy to be in the Mercer right now because I bring myself with me wherever I go, thank God. Traveling, I think it's a nightmare today. The airports and things the people in the street with the selfies...I like to stay at home and read."

On his taste in reading materials:
"I will not talk about that. I like to read biographies, history, philosophical things like this. But it's for my private use, and not for making people say, 'Oh, how clever this stupid man is.' I don't make intelligent conversation. I'm very superficial. I'm just a fashion designer. Fashion designers look at fashion magazines, right?"

On the love of his life, his cat Choupette:
"She had something unique. She is like a human being, but the good thing is that she's silent. You don't have to discuss it. She hates other animals and she hates children. She stays always with me and she has two personal maids. They play with her, they have to take care of her beautiful white hair, the beauty treatments for her eyes, and they entertain her. She is the center of the world. If you saw her, you would understand. She is kind of Greta Garbo. There is something unforgettable about her, the way she moves, the way she plays. She's an inspiration for elegance. For attitude."

No comments:

Post a Comment