Friday, November 3, 2017

Kyra Sedgwick Steps Behind the Camera

Actress Kyra Sedgwick has started directing films. She recently spoke to People about what inspired her move behind the camera; here’s what she had to say:

“I have to say, Kevin [Bacon] was a really big inspiration for me because he was like, ‘Not only can you do it, but you’ll do it well and you’ll love it.' He was absolutely right.”

On her biggest fear as a director:
“I thought I had to be great at everything. I didn’t want to chance not being great at [directing].”

On the negative impacts of social media, which is the subject of her directorial debut:
“I think it’s completely unregulated and there’s too much information coming at us and too much information going out. I think the increase in teenage suicide is because of FOMO: fear of missing out. Everyone’s life looks perfect on [social media] so they think, ‘I should be happy all the time,’ and the truth is most people are not. Most people are struggling with a lot of stuff. I’m scared of it.”

And on what's next:
“I love directing. I love it more than anything, and I can’t wait to do more of it. [I am] singing it from the mountaintops and banging on every door, and I’m not taking no for an answer.”


No comments:

Post a Comment