Thursday, November 2, 2017

Julia Roberts Turns 50

Julia Roberts is on the December cover of InStyle Magazine. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

On the keys to joy:
“Marry the right person, give birth to a redhead, and have great girlfriends. Those would be the three keys to joy.”

On turning 50:
"I always love my birthday. [I will celebrate] with open arms and gratitude … There’s nothing different about this birthday than any other one.”

On reporters repeatedly asking her about turning 50:
“Really, people? Are we still in that space? Did anyone go over this with George Clooney or Brad [Pitt] before their 50th birthdays?”

On her children becoming teenagers:
“All the clichés are true. I’m so proud of them but also …  I tried to carry somebody up to bed the other night, and it was just - ‘All right, you’re gonna have to get on your feet and sleepwalk because I just can’t get up the stairs.’ ”

On how she feels about her life today:
“There’s no way to describe it without sounding sappy or ridiculous because everything in my mind ends with an exclamation point. And the thing is, we have these three human beings who are just a complete reflection of the affection we have for each other.” 

Read the full interview at InStyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment