Monday, October 2, 2017

Liam Gallagher Shades That Old Potato

Liam Gallagher recently spoke to The Big Issue ahead of the release of his debut solo album As You Were, coming out on October 6th. Here's what he had to say about brother Noel Gallagher aka Potato aka Our Kid:

“I have nothing to apologise for when it comes to Oasis ending. That was not my doing. That was all Noel. I just got dealt those cards so I moved on. Yeah, I miss the band. I miss having the lads about. The only regret I have is that our kid [Noel] became a dickhead. I regret his head got turned and he brought The Sun into our dressing rooms. Other than that, I don’t regret one bit. People know we meant it and we didn’t kiss arse to get where we got. It’s all been amazing.”

On reports that Noel won't visit their mother Peggy at Christmas until he hears that Liam is gone:
“Yeah, it’s a bit sad. But that’s life ain’t it? I don’t need to feel guilty about anything.”

On how getting older has mellowed him:
“I’m a chilled motherfucker these days. I certainly don’t go round beating up old people and tripping them up or gobbling on windows. I’ve got a heart of gold.”

On fatherhood:
“We’ve talked a bit about drugs – one of them smokes a bit of weed. Nothing too heavy but I’m there, man. Our chats are open, about girls and things. And we’ve had that chat about if they’re gay or anything. They know I’ll love them whatever. But they have to learn their own lessons, live their own lives. And they know everything about my past. So I don’t have much of a leg to stand on, do I, telling them they should do this or that.”

Read the full interview at The Big Issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment