Friday, October 6, 2017

Idris Elba Talks Varied Career

Idris Elba is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. Here's what he had to say in his accompanying interview:

On whether or not he can think of another recent studio film that centers on a black-and-white love story (like his new film The Mountain Between Us):
“It doesn’t happen, mate. If I’m really honest, they were probably like ‘We want a great actor,’ and I think I was on a list. But I’m sure they’ve had conversations saying, ‘Well, marketing thinks there are certain areas this might not play.’ But that’s never been brought up to me.”

On Aaron Sorkin casting him in Molly's Game:
“I was like, ‘Does he know who he’s asking?’ I’m not known for articulation. I’m a London lad with a lisp.” 

On his varied roles:
"I like that I'm working all the time and I'm not pigeonholed or stuck in a line. That may not be great for my bank account, but it's good for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment