Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kardashian Korner

Khloe Kardashian recently sat down for an interview with ES Magazine; here's what she had to say:

On her weight:
"I never considered myself fat, but when I used to shop with my sisters I was always really shamed and shunned by [sales assistants] who would say: 'We don’t carry that size here'… I was always so embarrassed, so for a long time I didn’t wear denim at all. I kept getting angrier. [Stylists] said they didn’t dress people my size. It’s shocking...once I lost weight, the same people would reach out, and be like, 'We would love to style you.' I was like, 'Screw you.'"

On boyfriend Tristan Thompson:
"[When we met,] we both felt this strong energy. I was like, oh this is such a nice, normal man — the normalcy is what I was craving. I’m a Christian; he’s a believer in God and that’s important to me. Tristan’s morals and ethics are everything I’ve wanted and need in my life."

On how Thompson is adjusting to her level of fame:
"[When we started dating,] we took a private plane to avoid everything and enjoy our privacy, and we thought we were in the clear. But the paparazzi were on boats, they got pictures and I didn’t find out until later. I was like, 'I’m so sorry,' and Tristan was like, 'It’s okay.' You could tell that was a big pill to swallow. But he accepts who I am. He likes to protect me, which I haven’t had before — someone looking out for me almost before himself."

On Thompson appearing on Keeping Up With The Kardashians:
"If I’m at a dinner with my family and he’s there. But now I know I don’t need to put everything on social media and I like to keep some things close to my heart...[On Keeping Up With the Kardashians,] we show you who we are. We’re not proud of every moment, we’re just really honest about who we are. We make no excuses."

On the values that father Rob Kardashian instilled in his children:
"We always went to feed the homeless on skid row. We lived in a beautiful mansion in Beverly Hills, I had miniature ponies at every party, but my dad never wanted us to think that was reality. He was really strict. We had a lot of chores. [At 16,] my friends had brand new BMWs — I had a 15-year-old car.

A lot of people don’t know that we didn’t have an inheritance. I think there is a silver lining to my dad’s passing: he has been my guardian angel and in a way has guided us through life. There’s a blessing even in the most tragic of things...I worked for my dad as a secretary in the summer and after school. I was never allowed to sleep in. They wanted to teach us the value of being productive with your day."

Read the full interview at ES Magazine.

Hot off the press! Our cover with @KhloeKardashian ( #KhloeXesmag ). It’s been hard to keep this one quiet as the team at #ESmagazine have been so excited. The TV star turned business woman talks about body confidence and new love as she launches her new denim range - @goodamerican We’ve also got the A-list’s favourite artist @bradleytheodore, the rise of the 5 star festival (wellies not necessary), how being BUSY became a status symbol and the new workouts and supplements that are helping us muscle up. PLUS  @gracedent  heads to Hackney’s @Lahpet, we escape to the Greek Riviera and @russeltovey rocks out to @saintrecords in this week’s #MyLondon Khloé Kardashian photographed by @mrmikerosenthal Styled by @danigerous, Wearing: @GOODAMERICAN jacket £211, @AREYOUAMI bottoms £110, @GIUSEPPEZANOTTIdesign heels £755, @TACORIofficial earrings £3,109, @JACQUIEAICHE choker £4,320 (special order) from @matchesfashion, bracelet @khloeKardashian’s own. #Khloe #KhloeKardashiancovers #ESMagazine #kuwtk #kardashian #kardashianjenner #KhloeKardashian #KhloeXesmag #ESmagazine #KhloeK #ESmag #GoodSquad
A post shared by Evening Standard Magazine (@eveningstandardmagazine) on

No comments:

Post a Comment