Monday, April 10, 2017

Scott Eastwood Talks Making His Own Way

Scott Eastwood recently sat down for an interview with the Men's Health UK, where he talked about making his own way. Here's what he had to say:

"I came (to Hollywood) to try and do something and nobody took me seriously. Everyone brushed me off, like: "You’re Clint Eastwood’s son, you’re not a real fucking actor". Some people are still like that. I never thought I would last in this business, but it finally seems to be working out...My dad never gave me a cent. He made me work for everything. Man he was hard on me but it hardened me and gave me drive. My dad is a machine about exercise. He showed me how to lift when I was 14 or 15 – he gave me some advice, then left me to do it on my own."

On the new Fast and the Furious movie:
"I knew Paul for close to 15 years, he was a mentor and an older brother to me. So when my agents brought up the project, my first thought was that it was just too close to home. But the more I thought about it, I imagined that Paul would be looking down at me, saying ‘Don’t be an idiot, just go out there and do it. On some days I would feel his presence there and suddenly I’d be on the verge of tears. There were moments when I just felt completely overwhelmed by missing him, so Vin and Tyrese and I would stop and share stories about him. The whole experience mirrored a lot of the themes that feature in the movie – about family, about going on a journey. It was a powerful thing and I was honoured to be a part of it."

On his legacy:
"The less I judge myself, the happier life is. I’m not interested in being remembered as a rich, successful actor. I want to be remembered as someone who did what he loved and who affected people in a positive way. Not much frightens me, but thinking I won’t impact people in that way scares me to death."



No comments:

Post a Comment