Friday, April 14, 2017

Aly Raisman Talks Body Positivity

Gold-medal winning Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman recently sat down for an interview with Time, where she talked about posing for the 2017 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Here's what she had to say:


“I knew people were going to say that I wasn’t a good role model and all of this stuff. I did the issue because I love my body. I can express myself in any way that I want. But that doesn’t give anyone the right to judge me. I think being a role model is about being a kind person. It really made me realize, women do not have to be modest in order to be respected.”

How did you develop your body confidence?
"It’s something that develops over time. I think everyone goes through phases in life where they feel insecure. I have plenty of times. But as I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to appreciate my body. Young girls should be taught that there’s no ideal body type. We’re all different and unique in our way — if we all looked the exact same, we’d be very boring."


A post shared by Alexandra Raisman (@alyraisman) on

No comments:

Post a Comment