Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How Michelle Rodriguez Started to Feel Feminine

Michelle Rodriguez sat down for an interview with Page Six, where she talked about how her new movie The Assignment, in which she plays a male assassin who wakes up only to find that he has undergone sex reassignment surgery, has made her feel more feminine. Here's what she had to say:

“All my life I felt alienated by women. They were into the lipstick, nails and dressing up  and I always felt like a tomboy, like I didn’t fit in. I felt like I had masculine qualities versus feminine qualities just because I am an alpha. I do what I want and never let anybody tell me otherwise. I am kind of hardcore about that. But then when I go and actually play a man, I realized I am such a girl, there is nothing manly about me. The toughest part was wearing a beard because it was really itchy. The minute my hand came up to my face, you could see that I was a woman. I have female fingers. I was so confused growing up, so it took playing a man to make me a woman.

There was a scene when I had to put on a cock with the balls, I did ask for a big one. They glued it on and the hair was so itchy and rubbing up against my leg, it was so nasty. But playing a man, it is real, it did not mess with my psychologically, I am not a Method actress. When you say ‘cut,’ I am back to Michelle. But it did mess with me when I was on set. As soon as the scene was over I was like, ‘Take it off.' But it is stamped solid and official I am a girl.”

No comments:

Post a Comment