Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bijou Phillips Receives Kidney Transplant

People reports that after being hospitalized earlier this year, Bijou Phillips, 36, has received a kidney transplant. Her rep released the following statement about her health back in February: “In an effort to heal her body she has led a stress-free life with a vegan diet, which eventually wasn’t enough and she’s been privately having dialysis. She recently found out one of her friends is a match and is optimistic that she will have a transplant soon.” Bijou posted a message on Instagram pre-op, and husband Danny Masterson posted a message on Instagram post-op. 

I finally have my OR date for next week, and I'm so excited to get this kidney transplant!!! I have been waiting for this day to come for a long time... My donor is a dream come true, such an amazing guy, so kind, he blows me away everyday! Three years ago he heard people where getting checked and he called, but he kept calling and going in and getting tested! He rolled with the punches from day one and the struggles to get insurance to approve it. It's been a wild ride. Fate finds you, he is a perfect match... Dialysis has been a blessing, and also extremely hard, I got an infection and am on my second catheter. This is major surgery, FSGS is scary, but I'm soooo intensely Grateful for my husband, my daughter, our Family! And my dream come true Donor... This is gonna be such an amazing birthday coming up! A new birth... New start! Here is to good health, and gratitude... ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ☘️๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰❤️ #FSGS #transplant #newkidney #livingdonor #shareyourspare
A post shared by Bijou Phillips Masterson (@bijouphillips) on

No comments:

Post a Comment