Thursday, April 6, 2017

Alec Baldwin's Weird Nikki Reed Claim

In Alec Baldwin's new autobiography, Nevertheless, he talks about making the movie Mini's First Time with Nikki Reed, when he was 47, and she was 16. And in case the title of the movie didn't make it clear, they have sex in the movie. Here's what Baldwin had to say in the book:

“I was forty-seven, and it never occurred to me to ask how old Nikki Reed was. When I found out, just as we finished, that she was seventeen, I flipped out on the producers, who had told me something different.”

Producers were quick to refute Baldwin's claims. Producer Dana Brunetti tells The Hollywood Reporter:

"It's a lie. I read it and was like, 'What the fuck. Of course he totally knew how old she was. That’s why there’s no nudity in the movie. He knew before we even cast the movie. I think he’s been method acting Trump too much and he doesn’t know the difference between fake news anymore."

Producer Evan Astrowsky had this to say:
"What Alec says happened is not accurate. I completely corroborate that. We were on set every day. The thing that Alec must remember is that Mini, played by Nikki, is a sophomore in high school. I don’t know what else to say, except Alec, watch the movie. As for yelling at us after the movie, it absolutely never happened."

Mini's First Time writer and director Nick Guthe was also contacted for comment:

"We all knew she was 16. When we discussed it at first, it was a question of meeting with her and making sure she was mature enough to handle the role. On the set, Nikki, being 16, would often speak quickly the way teenagers do, and Alec asked me about that at times because he had trouble understanding her, and I would remind him, ‘She’s 16.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment