Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Mireille Enos Talks Being a Working Mother

The Catch star Mireille Enos, 41, recently sat down with People to talk about being a working mother in Hollywood (she shares daughter Vesper Vivienne, 6, and son Larkin Zouey, 2, with Ferris Bueller's Day Off's Alan Ruck, 60). Here's what she had to say:

“Mommy works a lot, and there was this one moment where Vesper, who was probably 2 [at the time], when she heard that I had to go to work again, she was trying very hard to be brave. And she just sat down in her little chair with her little lip quivering, but trying not to cry, and it was awful.” 

On how her daughter takes after her:
“My daughter has a stubborn streak, which I definitely have. She just informs me of how things are going to be — how they’re gonna go. And I think back to my poor parents.”

On what she learned from her parents:
“Both of them are really hard workers, and they taught me that life is work, a lot of it, and if you can learn to get joy out of the process of work, then you’ll have a happy life.”

On the one thing she misses about life before children:
“I used to sleep nine hours a night. And then I would wake up and [lie] in bed, and just let my mind wander and think. I miss that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment