Friday, December 2, 2016

Ian Somerhalder Talks Social Responsibility and True Love

Ian Somerhalder, one half of The World's Most Romantic Couple, recently sat down for an interview with Angelino Magazine. Here's what he had to say:

On how his childhood formed his social conscience:
"I grew up pretty impoverished in the Southeast, in a very delicate ecosystem on a lake that borders New Orleans. There had to be balance between nature and human. My father always taught me to find that balance. You have to give back what you take."

On the Ian Somerhalder Foundation:
"The Ian Somerhalder Foundation (isfoundation.com) was born out of the feeling of helplessness watching our government stand aside and let a company lie, cheat and steal from the people. I watched my backyard destroyed...You change the world through the education of its youth. The greatest, untapped natural resource in the world are kids. It's all about knowledge."

On wife Nikki Reed:
"The second we were around each other, and not [dating] other people, we just knew. Oh, I will one day have amazing children with my beautiful wife. Absolutely, definitely. I live with someone who strives to find happiness and peace in the smallest things - whether it's sitting for five minutes under a tree or getting out into the country and spending time on our horses or even just going for a walk around the lake or riding a boat. I am so blessed that I did, indeed, find this human being that can deal with me and is also the most caring, compassionate person I've ever known. That's why I wake up happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment