Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Michelle Williams Talks Being a Single Parent

Michelle Williams recently sat down for an interview with Porter Magazine, where she opened up about being a single parent. Here's what she had to say:

"Talk about a learning process. I think, God, what would I say about it? I feel really sensitive about it and certainly did not expect to still be dating at 36 with an 11-year-old. This is not what I imagined.

I'm like a cat, I'm a very domestic creature. I just want to stay home and take care of people. But I'm also happy with myself and just because I might have a desire to be with someone…that won't lead me to marry the wrong person.

My friend Busy [Phillips] and her husband Marc [Silverstein] said, ‘Michelle, you're in like a blackout zone, everybody is now partnered up and you have to wait for people to start getting divorced.' Oh my fucking God. Are you kidding me? I'm just sitting around and waiting for marriages to crumble? Oh wow! No!

In all honesty, for pretty much everything else, I feel like I'm a believer in not fighting circumstances, accepting where you are and where you've been. In pretty much all senses but one, I would be able to go totally down that line of thinking were it not for Matilda not having her dad. You know, that's just something that doesn't…I mean, it just won't ever be right."

No comments:

Post a Comment