Thursday, December 1, 2016

Chris Pratt Talks Loss

Chris Pratt is on the cover of the January issue of British GQ. Here are some highlights from his accompanying interview:

Chris Pratt on how Guardians of the Galaxy 2 forcing him to deal with the loss of his father
"The truth is I ripped open some wounds that had been healing for some time. And I didn’t want to. But I knew it was right for the moment... There are wounds that are never going to be totally healed. It would probably make for a better story if it was some emotional thing that I hadn’t dealt with... When we face the death of a parent, you sometimes feel regret that you didn’t fully embrace what you had."

Chris Pratt on his audition for Guardians of the Galaxy with director James Gunn
“Within a minute he knew it was me and I knew it was me. And then he just said, any questions? I was like, how much fucking time do you have? Like, yeah, tell me everything. Tell me the script scene by scene, starting now, to the end, because you fucking people won’t let me read it. So yeah, I have questions, I have nothing but fucking questions.”

Chris Pratt on working with Jennifer Lawrence, his co-star on Passengers
“She is truly one of the greatest actresses I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. She acts like Adele sings. You just sit back and you think, damn, some people... She’s a terrible singer! But she’s a wonderful actress. She could just do it. She could just turn it on and it strikes emotion in you, like some people can just open their mouths and sing.” 

Chris Pratt on being a struggling actor
“Life was a series of choices based on the price backwards on the menu, when you didn’t look at, ooh, what do I want, you look at the lowest number, that’s what you’re going to get. The difference between a large soda and a small soda was the 49 cents, and you didn’t spend the 49 cents. I heard someone say to me if it’s a problem that can be solved by money, it’s not a real problem. And I thought what kind of fucking asshole would come up with that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment