Thursday, May 19, 2016

Variety Blind Item - The Directors

Chloe Sevigny recently spoke at Variety's Cannes Film Festival panel about three male directors. She is quoted as follows:

“I’ve had the ‘what are you doing after this?’ conversation. I’ve also had the ‘do you want to go shopping and try on some clothes and, like, I can buy you something in the dressing room’ [conversation]. Just like crossing the line weirdness.”

 “[One director said] ‘You should show your body off more. You shouldn’t wait until you’re as old as this certain actress who had just been naked in a film, you should be naked on screen now.' [ told him] If you know my career, I’ve been naked in every movie.”

“If you’re young and impressionable and really want the part, it might be a tempting avenue, but I hope not...I would consider it Hollywood. Was it sexual harassment? It’s such a fine line.”

“When women on set become a little emotional, or impassioned even, they’re labeled as hysterical or crazy and have a hard time getting hired again. The double standard of the man being the wild, crazy, mad director is so embraced. We have to allow women to act out… and just be ourselves."

Source: Variety

No comments:

Post a Comment