Monday, May 16, 2016

Giselle Bundchen Talks Being Bullied

Supermodel Giselle Bundchen recently sat down for an interview with The New York Times, where she talked about being bullied. Here's what she had to say:


“My career was never based on pretty."

Angela Missoni on Gisele's looks:
"It’s true. Gisele did our first campaign with Mario Testino and we used a beautiful shot, but with Gisele’s hair all across her face. Mario wasn’t 100 percent sure about her. He was worried about her nose.”

On developing a thick skin:
“Even before I got into the business, I was used to being bullied because I was always tall and skinny and stuck out. I got really red all the time from playing volleyball, red like a pepper. So I thought bullying was just the way life is...In the beginning, you know, everyone told me, ‘Your eyes are too small, the nose is too big, you can never be on a magazine cover.’ But, you know what? The big nose is coming with a big personality...I always knew that, even if I was not the most beautiful girl, I’d be the most energetic and hard-working. If you want to know the truth, that’s the reason for my success.”


No comments:

Post a Comment