Friday, May 20, 2016

Oscar Isaac Talks Movie Stardom

Star Wars actor Oscar Isaac is on the cover of this month's issue of Rolling Stone. Here's what he had to say:

"I'm an actor, not a star. I don't really know what you mean when you say 'star,' 'movie star,' that stuff."

On being called "The Internet's Boyfriend":
"The Internet never struck me as being into monogamous relationships. It's very promiscuous, the Internet."

On his X-Men costume:
"I would do some acting, and then go to my tent and try to breathe and not freak out that sweat was pouring into my ears and I couldn't touch them. It was rough. But the challenge of basically doing Kabuki theater in a film was crazy...I was really into the character. I'm not a huge comic-book-movie fan. I like them and I appreciate them, but it's started to feel a little bit repetitive. I did really like Deadpool, and the last X-Men." 

On stereotypes in Hollywood:
"They define you – 'Latino actor, we'll just bring him in for Spanish commercials.' I'm interested in telling stories about the human experience that are not necessarily just about my personal circumstances. So how do I navigate that? I feel like I've been able to."

On Donald Trump:
"The problem is it's less about the guy that's saying it, and more that he's being the mouthpiece for a large part of the population. Because that's me, that's my family. We're immigrants. What could be positive about it is that Trump could help to rally a lot of disparate parts of Latin America together. Because Latino is not a race – it's a culture. There's Chinese Latinos, there's very white Latinos, there's very dark Latinos, there's black Latinos. There's all sorts of variants – it's not one thing." 

Read the full interview at Rolling Stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment