Thursday, May 19, 2016

Tom Hanks Talks Diabetes

Tom Hanks recently sat down for an interview with Radio Times, where he talked about being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2013. He is quoted as follows:

"I'm part of the lazy American generation that has blindly kept dancing through the party and now finds ourselves with a malady. I was heavy. You've seen me in movies. You know what I looked like. I was a total idiot. I thought I could avoid it by removing the buns from my cheeseburgers. Well, it takes a little bit more than that. My doctor says if I can hit a target weight, I will not have Type 2 diabetes anymore."

On avoiding partying in Hollywood:
"I'm lucky. I was in charge of offspring at a very early age, so I didn't have the luxury of being able to get stoned a lot, and I never drank too much. I was never what I call a shitfaced artist. I thought it was more fun to be seeing what was going on. I did my share, but it didn't become a habit."


No comments:

Post a Comment