Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Cameron Diaz Talks Marriage After 40

Cameron Diaz recently sat down for an interview with Harper's Bazaar. Here's what she had to say:

What's something new you've tried after 40 that you never thought you would?
"I got married last year. That was the biggest thing I've done in my 40s, and it opened me up in different ways. It's pretty awesome. I didn't think it was something I'd do, and I don't know if I'd have done it if I hadn't met my husband [Benji Madden]. It was a surprise."

Do you believe in "dressing your age"?
"I do, actually. But everybody's age is different, and by that I mean that even when you're a certain age, it's all a matter of how you present yourself, how old your spirit is, and where you are in your life. Some 50-year-olds are still 35. It's about expression and what they can pull off."

What's something you refuse to wear at 43 (or ever)?
"I'm definitely not doing tube tops. No way."

What is the biggest realization you've had about yourself after turning 40?
"That as you get older, your body changes in so many little ways. It doesn't react the same way that it used to. I don't get the results that I used to as easily as I once did. Now I look at myself and I realize, 'Oh, right. I'm in this time now in my life where I have to be thoughtful. If I slack off, things don't come back so easily. I have to be committed.' In part that's what my new book, The Longevity Book, is about. But just like everybody else, I'm more and less disciplined at various times based on what's going on in my life."

What's your mantra?
"I'm not supposed to share my mantra. Just kidding—meditation joke. 'Do the best you can.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment