Monday, May 23, 2016

Lee Daniels Talks Mariah Carey's Reality Show

Lee Daniels recently appeared on the SiriusXM show Bevelations, where he talked about Mariah Carey. Here's what he had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“She is very fragile, and she has been through a lot. She has been used, she has been abused … Some people don’t have that Teflon sort of thing that I do, so she masks it with this coquettish thing that is hiding her nervousness and her pain and her own family’s abuse to her. She is misunderstood, because she is really, really ride or die. She really, really, really will do anything for you. I’ve seen how people attack her. They are mean to her. People try to start stuff between her, and she plays into it, but it’s all a joke.”

On Mariah tricking him to appear in her upcoming reality show for E!:
“That bitch. She says, ‘Come over!’ … I show up to this room at a Kosher steakhouse somewhere on Wall Street, and the cameras are in my face and recording our conversation! And she says, ‘Dahling, dahling, dahling, sign [the release form], sign it, sign it, we’re doing a little documentary.’ The next day, I’m reading … that she has a fucking reality show, and I’m terrified about it. I don’t know if it’s a wise idea for her. I was at the gym, I saw it, and I was like, ‘Oh, Lord. What is she doing?’ I think it’s bigger than her. I think it’s not a good idea. I think that the true geniuses have to be saved from themselves sometimes. But I have no problem telling her, ‘What are you doing?’ and she listens, too.”


No comments:

Post a Comment