Monday, May 23, 2016

Kate Beckinsale Talks Sarah Silverman

Kate Beckinsale used to be married to Michael Sheen, who is now dating Sarah Silverman. Since Beckinsale and Sheen share daughter Lily, 17, they have remained friendly since their 2003 split.  Here's what Beckinsale had to say about Sarah Silverman, when asked by Stylist Magazine:

Everybody seemed to be surprised that Michael [Sheen] and his girlfriend Sarah Silverman were at the Love And Friendship LA premiere recently…
"I don’t know why everyone was so surprised. Sarah’s such a fantastic woman, I love her and Michael and I have gotten on for years now. I’ve known him since I was 22, we’re basically family. The thing that surprised me was what a big deal everybody made about us all getting on and then thinking, ‘Fuck, that’s really sad if it’s that unusual’. I don’t think any of us were thinking, ‘This is a huge achievement we’re not punching each other’. I’m completely open to any other strong, cool sensitive independent-thinking women who are going to be an influence in my daughter’s life. Sarah’s a great person and I’m glad she’s in the village that’s helping. It’s important as a teenager to have good women in your life building up the fabric of your experience of becoming a woman. Even if Sarah wasn’t Michael’s girlfriend I’d want her to be in that."


No comments:

Post a Comment