Monday, May 23, 2016

Holly Madison Did a Reddit AMA

Holly Madison recently sat down to do an Ask Me Anything with Reddit. Here are some of the highlights:

On if she's glad Girls Next Door is over, or if she enjoyed it at the time:
"Oh, I definitely enjoyed hte [sic] opportunity at the time! It was an amazing opportunity for me and I had a lot of fun. And for many different reasons go into it - a lot is in Down the Rabbit Hole, but it's not really something I'd want to do now. I think reality TV was more a fun thing for my twenties."

On how she picked the stage name Madison:
"You know what's funny, I picked it because my last name at the time was Cullen and I wanted to change it - in part because my family is private, and also because - this was way back when, before the Twilight movies, and no one knew how to pronounce it! It was always Collins or Callins.
So I wanted the easiest possible name that I felt like was so All-American, and so easy to spell and pronounce, so I chose it! But now everyone asks me 'Is that Madison with 2 D's?' and I'm like 'Who spells Madison with 2 D's?!' hahaha"

On her favorite ice cream:
"I LOVE Pink Peppermint Ice Cream and I feel like it's becoming extinct. And every year it used to be common around Christmastime, like a lot of places would carry it, and each year I feel like it gets harder and harder to find."

On whether or not her reality shows have been scripted:
"Um, usually the process for filming involves meeting with producers ahead of time and going over plans for the next few months. And then they would come up with plot lines that work those activities into it.
They plan which days they would film, and come up with a plot to come along with. And we'd go with it! Sometimes spontaneous things would happen, sometimes we would have to shoot things that happened off camera. It's kind of a mixed bag, you just try to tell the story as best you can."

On transitioning from Playmate to mother:
"Um, there were a lot of years in between. It's definitely, um, kind of an image that's hard to shake, but as far as my day to day life, it was something I left behind pretty quickly."

On whether or not she would be a bunny if she could do things all over again:
"That's a complicated question because I like where I ended up in life, and I think the mistakes you make, you learn lessons for a reason. But if I had to actually go through it all again, I think I would actually just go work for Disney or something, because I'm exhausted! I wouldn't want to do it all again."

Read the full AMA at Reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment