Friday, May 27, 2016

Anne Hathaway Talks New Mom Etiquette

Anne Hathaway recently appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she opened up about being a new mom. The Hollywood Reporter quotes her as follows:

"Being a mom has changed me in a couple ways. I actually, not based on this moment, but other moments feel a lot more confident."

On going to a gym in West Hollywood:
"Yeah I work out with 5- pound weights, but I pushed a baby out of my body, I feel good right now. So I don’t care what I look like, I feel great. [When a trainer asks if I want pointers] I decide that I’m going to let it drop that I’m a new mom. And I’m like, 'You know, I have worked out here for a long time, but I’ve been gone because I just had a baby seven weeks ago.' And I’m expecting him to say the thing that you say when someone says that you’ve had a baby ("You look great"). Doesn’t matter if it’s true. If somebody says, 'I had a baby 13 years ago,' you say, 'You look great.' That is what you do. That is the etiquette. So I say to this guy, 'I had a baby seven weeks ago.' And he goes, 'Oh, trying to lose the baby weight?' ...[I] cried a little bit." 


No comments:

Post a Comment