Monday, March 14, 2016

Travel Tips from Goop

Gwyneth Paltrow recently sat down for an interview with the New York Times, where she gave her travel tips for wellness on the road. Here's what she had to say:


Do you have a regular routine you follow when you’re on planes?
I drink tons of water, and I have a vitamin sachet that I put in it. Also, I moisturize my skin and put on a mask. I try not to eat rubbish either. I’ll pack salad and fruit. If I’m going on an overnight flight, I’ll drink whiskey or a glass of wine and then go to sleep, but on day flights, I try not to drink. When I land, I try to find a sauna to sit in for 20 minutes to help me sweat out all the germs from the plane.

Do you indulge in meals when you’re on the road?
Absolutely. When I’m traveling, I would rather eat what I want and come home and tighten it up. I don’t want to be in Paris and not have a croissant or goose fat potatoes. I love pasta in Italy, bread and cheese in Spain and wine everywhere. You don’t have to indulge all day, every day, but I think it’s important to your psyche to have flexibility and genuinely enjoy the food wherever you are.

Is there a meal that sticks out as the most memorable?
There’s a restaurant on Koh Kood Island in Thailand called Benz’s. You get on a boat and go up a river to get there. It is the most exquisite, spicy Thai food I’ve ever had. The flavors were incredible.

Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
I love going to Mexico. There’s a resort there called Cuixmala that’s incredible for kids. But the best vacation I’ve ever taken was with my kids to Indonesia. We stayed at a resort in Bali and then slept on a wooden boat for three or four nights and also hiked with the Komodo dragons. It was a magical trip.
You’ve stayed in more than your fair share of hotels. What do you think makes for a great property?
Service and food are important. Also, good sheets and a comfortable bed. It doesn’t necessarily have to be fancy. Some of the best hotels I’ve stayed in were basic in terms of the physical room but had great food and service.

Check-in luggage or carry-on?
Carry-on. The only time I check in is when I am going to a cold destination and have to bring lots of warm clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment