Monday, March 14, 2016

Jennifer Aniston Talks Married Life

Jennifer Aniston recently sat down for an interview with Harper's Bazaar, where she talked married life. The magazine quotes her as follows:


"Married life is so normal and fun and not much different. We felt married for so long...As they say in the business, 'He's on fire.' I'm so proud of him...Man, I think everyone's so freakin' politically correct lately. It's becoming a real drag. I like making jokes. I'm lucky because Justin is the funniest person I've met, and we make each other laugh. Laughter is one of the great keys to staying youthful." 

On her career:
"I really have to love something to be leaving my home, my dogs, my husband. The older you get, the more you realize that...There's a steadiness, for sure, but also this desire to peel away more. You know, like 'Fuck it.' What's a more graceful term?...I can do other things. I feel a sense of freedom that I hadn't necessarily felt before. Also, you have to start taking chances in an industry that's very insecure about taking chances on people. People forget who actors are. They say, 'You're too known to play that part. You can't disappear.' And we're like, 'Give us a chance. We'll disappear.'...There was a time when I worked and worked and worked. I loved it. I'm trying to be better at that. I'm a bit of a people pleaser. I've got to stop. Some of the movies I've made, I bow my head in slight shame over."

On social media:
"We work so hard to maintain some sort of life and privacy. Why would we intentionally put ourselves out there? It's like you're on TV or on a movie screen. They see you, hold their phone right up to your face, and take a picture. I'm like, I'm standing right here with a pulse! It's sweet, though, just…different."


No comments:

Post a Comment