Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Leave Richard Simmons Alone

Many adoring fans are saddened by not seeing Richard Simmons' sparkling jumpsuits in public for going on three years. So concerned, that they are convinced that he is being held hostage in his own home. Simmons picked up his bedazzled telephone to call into the Today Show to dispel the latest round of rumours kicked up by a recent article in the NY Daily News. Here's what he had to say, as reprinted by People:

"No one is holding me in my house as a hostage. I do what I want to do as I've always done. I've taught, like, thousands and thousands of classes and, you know, right now I just want to sort of just take care of me. I just really don't want to do anything. I just don't want to be traveling anymore. It certainly has taken its toll on me. For the last 40 years I have been traveling, teaching classes and I had a knee injury, so I had a knee replacement, which was very difficult for me. I have really just been taking it easy, staying at home, working out in my gym and doing the things I haven't done in a very long time. You haven't seen the last of me. I'll come back and I'll come back strong." 


Like Greta Garbo before him, he wants to be alone. Now leave him be, before Chris Crocker has to come out and make a new video!


No comments:

Post a Comment