Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Alexander Skarsgard Talks Tarzan Body

Alexander SkarsgÄrd recently sat down for an interview with E! News, where he talked about preparing to take on the role of Tarzan. He is quoted as follows:

On swinging on a vine:
"It didn't look very good. I'm not very good at that stuff...I took off and did a little bit of it and then I sat in my chair with my coffee. [A trapeze artist] did the amazing stuff and then I came back and did the landing."

On training for the role:
"I obviously had a very, very good trainer. I basically had him and a nutritionist. I've never done anything like this before, this extreme. I was just really nervous. It was a big challenge and I didn't know how my body would respond to the training and diet."

On his one cheat day, after months of eating chicken cutlets and doing crunches:
"[My trainer] was like, 'Alex, let's go for lunch,' and we went to this Italian restaurant in Notting Hill and sat down and he was like, 'Order what you want. I started crying. He was like, 'Have pasta,' and I had it and then he was like, 'Are you still hungry?' I was like, 'Yeah!' He was like, 'Have a pizza then, have some tiramisu.' It was the best meal of my life."


No comments:

Post a Comment