Thursday, March 17, 2016

Drew Barrymore Talks Cameron Diaz

Did you know that Drew Barrymore knew Cameron Diaz when the two were teenagers? Neither did I! Barrymore recently opened up to Marie Claire about the pair's longtime friendship; here's what she had to say:

On fame and celebrity friendship
"I've never felt comfortable with this, sort of, camaraderie of famous people.  I've known Poo Poo [Cameron Diaz] since I was 14 years old. We just happened to know each other before her career started, and I was working in a coffeehouse trying to refigure out my life. So in a weird way, it doesn't even count with us."

On making an effort: 
"I went to parent's night, and I wore some lipstick and concealer, and I thought the people at school looked at me kind of differently.  I normally come with acne, and Ugg boots, and I thought they were like, 'Oh that's nice, she made a little bit of an effort.'"

On trying to do it all: 
"I really had to tell myself, You can do everything, but you will have to do them at different moments. And you can do a lot in the same moment, but you can't do everything in the same moment.  It was a good lesson that you will just have to prioritize and put some things over here for a little while."

On being self-taught
"It was prompted a little bit by a fear of I don't want to end up being 25 and not having ever educated myself in any way."

On self-promotion: 
"I try really hard to keep my Instagram personal and sweet, and use it in a way to engage with people so that I can talk about work stuff, but [self promotion] is so not who I am."


A video posted by Marie Claire (@marieclairemag) on

No comments:

Post a Comment