Monday, March 14, 2016

Tori Spelling Wants You To Know That She Has Money

Tori Spelling recently sat down for an interview with People, where she talked about money. The magazine quotes her as follows:

On writing about money in her last book Spelling It Like It Is in 2013:

"It was one chapter. I thought I was being relatable, talking about how celebrities go through financial struggles, too, we make mistakes, too. We're not perfect, we have made a lot of choices financially with real estate that didn't work out ... and that just escalated into this story about financial struggles, bankruptcy. To this day that haunts me!" It's like the plastic surgery story that came out about me when I was 16 when I'd had my nose done as a teenager. That still haunts me to this day when I've had nothing else done – well, except my boobs." 

On the American Express lawsuit:
"I just want that story to go away! We're doing a great new series, I'm really happy, we're doing a new show on Cooking Channel – we're not bankrupt, we're not struggling, we're fine! [The] kids [are] good, family's good, I'm healthy, finances [are] good. My husband and I work really hard. I mean, I'm constantly out there working. It's so important for my children to see that both their parents are working, and we talk to them about it. My kids are like, 'It's not fair, why aren't you home more?' And I explain [things] to them and we talk about money. Growing up in my family we didn't talk about money a lot. I don't blame anyone, but that probably set me up for not knowing too much about how to handle money a little bit, and I don't want the same thing to happen with my children, so we're open about stuff."

On why her family recently moved:
"There is no real myth behind it. The owner wanted to sell the house, so we simply moved to a new house! We're trying to figure out the area. ... The kids are in different schools right now: preschool, elementary school, they're moving, so we're trying to find the perfect area. I mean, it's just a rental, so don't be surprised if we move again, guys!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment