Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Sophie Tweed Simmons Talks Body Confidence


Sophie Tweed Simmons, daughter of Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed, recently sat down for an interview with New York Magazine, where she talked about body confidence. The magazine quotes her as follows:

On being a “plus-size” model: "I’m with 1.1 models in New York. I had met with other plus-size agencies and because I’m not exactly a straight size, people didn’t want to book me. My agency said, 'We’re going to pitch you separately and find specific projects that work for you. It’s not a casting call, so we are going to find people that don’t want to change you.'

Models have to take it upon themselves to seek that out. Just because someone tells you to lose weight doesn’t mean you have to. Look for other agencies and see where they will take you as you are. Nowadays, it’s so great to see real women and no Photoshop."

How I start my mornings: "I start my morning with a cup of black coffee. I read a book that says it boosts your metabolism and perpetuates weight loss. So I take my time and drink my black coffee for an hour because while you were sleeping, your body was digesting. When you wake up, your metabolism is just starting up again, and bombarding it with food slows it down. Then I go into sliced apples or half a banana because fruit is really easy for your body to digest. I try to get up around eight, or it will be around seven, if my dogs can’t help it. They have a doggy door, but sometimes they ignore it and want me to take them out.

I used to drink hot chocolate for breakfast. But then I went through some expensive allergy testing and found out I have eczema, and a couple of mild food allergies, which caused a rash and made me hold onto fat in weird places. It turns out I have allergies to chocolate, dairy, and yeast. And I was eating those every day! My breakfast alone was three of my allergies. These allergies were mild, about a level 3 individually, but the combination made them bad. I cut those out of my life completely for two years and have been slowly reintroducing them back into my diet.

At first, I felt really stressed out because we all know that carbs make you happy. But then I found alternatives and realized it’s a lifestyle. That's not to say I don’t indulge in chocolate cake and then feel terrible after. I do. But it’s for the long term. I know my allergies are things people in Hollywood probably avoid naturally. But I was never into fad diets. I’ve always been like, I love cake, let’s eat cake. Now it’s more in moderation."

Read her full interview at New York Magazine.


A photo posted by Sophie Tweed-Simmons (@sophie_tweed_simmons) on

No comments:

Post a Comment