Thursday, December 24, 2015

Quentin Tarantino Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

The Hollywood Reporter announces that Quentin Tarantino has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, right in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre (I know they changed the name, but who can keep up?). The ceremony was attended by Zoe Bell, Demian Bichir, Clifton Collins Jr., Walton Goggins, Pam Grier, Jennifer Jason Leigh, James Parks, Tim Roth, Craig Stark, director Edgar Wright and Samuel L. Jackson. Jackson introduced Tarantino by stating the following: “Knowing what kind of cinephile he is, the reverence he holds for these names, I was very, very proud the day I got my star and I know what it means to him, cause of what he thinks and how he reveres this business and the art of filmmaking,” Jackson told the crowd. “There aren’t a lot of people in this business who still look at filmmaking the way Quentin does and the purity of what it is and what it should be.”

Finally, Tarantino addressed the crowd as follows: “Wow, I guess I must have become a big shot...I take it seriously that I am a member of this community, I am a member of this town. I’m happy to have my star on the Walk of Fame with all the other people who have done a wonderful job in this town.”

No comments:

Post a Comment