Thursday, November 5, 2015

Joey Fatone Explain The Star In *NSYNC

Joey Fatone recently opened up about why there is a star in *NSYNC's name, and the reason is Isreali illusionist Uri Geller. The Huffington Post quotes him as follows:


"We saw him in the UK, and this is when we were obviously establishing *N Sync, and he goes, 'I see something. It has to do with suns or stars or something with astronomy in your career.' And it's funny, a year later when we did the first album, for America, they had a star in it."

The Huffington Post reached out to Uri Gellar to find out if the story is true:
"Of course I bent spoons for them and they were very impressed. We sat down and I wrote, on a napkin, *N Sync, and I drew a star in the cafe [in Covent Garden]. And I told them, if they place that star on their first CD, they're going to shoot up to No. 1. I think drawing and writing down their name and creating that star gave them that subliminal push to go for it."


No comments:

Post a Comment