Monday, November 2, 2015

Jaden Smith Also Named One of Time's Most Influential Teens

Well, looky looky who else made the cut! Let's here what Jaden had to say about the honor:


What do you think is the most influential thing you’ve ever done?

Being born was the most influential thing that’s ever happened to me, for myself. As far as people, what they think is influential—like I said, the thing that you can make the most fun of and laugh at the most is whatever would be the most influential to the pop culture of the world. When they don’t understand something, they’re afraid of it, and if they don’t understand it, they don’t accept it or like it. There’s been so many things we don’t understand like Galileo saying the Earth is not the center of the universe, it’s actually the sun that we revolve around. Everybody thought that he was crazy! People didn’t understand the level of science that he was putting forth into society. You can’t blame these people that don’t understand.

Every time you make one of your pronouncements, the internet seems to go wild. Why do people care so much?
I ask myself the same question. People really only care if there’s something that they can make fun of and if it’s something that’s 100 percent true or if I’m starting to talk about pesticides and Agent Orange in the Vietnam War and stuff like that, I don’t feel like people will necessarily care unless there’s an aspect that you can laugh at.

Is that frustrating?
No. That’s the nature of human beings that are not aware.

Who is your favorite philosopher?
Edgar Cayce—look him up. He’s the one that started the category of New Age, and he made a lot of predictions. You should check him out. And I encourage anyone who likes the things I say, or doesn’t like the things I say, to learn about Edgar Cayce.

What does your future hold? How will you be an influential 20something?
My whole goal is to heal the entire planet. People say, “I want to change the world.” You can change the world for better or for worse. I want to heal the whole world like a superhero would do. As far as the future, you’re going to stop seeing me in about 10 years. You will no longer know where I am, who I spend my time with, the clothes that I wear, if I have kids, if I don’t have kids, you will not know. I will be out of the sight of all people. That’s why I choose to live my life the way that I live now, in society, because by the time I turn 30, I will be completely gone, and it will be a 100 percent mystery of where I am and what I’m doing. Products will be released from wherever I am, the undisclosed location, to actually help the world, to bring water into homes in Africa, create free energy that we don’t have to pay for so that we can start living in the world that is not full of commerce, death, war and the struggle and the fight for oil and the struggle and the fight for water and people taking all the power from everyone and keeping it all for themselves. My job is going to be to balance out the whole planet so that everyone can be working together to make things better.

Read the full interview at Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment