Thursday, April 23, 2015

Trans Model Andreja Pejic Appears In The May Issue Of Vogue

Model Andreja Pejic is one of fashion's rising stars. She opens up to Vogue magazine about transitioning in the public eye:

"Society doesn't tell you that you can be trans...I thought about being gay, but it didn't fit...I thought, Well, maybe [living as a girl] is just something you like to imagine sometimes. Try to be a boy and try to be normal. There are just more categories now. It's good. We're finally figuring out that gender and sexuality are more complicated. Being known to the whole world with this transition, I thought, 'Who is ever going to love me? How am I going to have a relationship with a man if all of this is public?' Then I got to a place where I was like, 'I'm successful and happy with what I've achieved. There's nothing I should be ashamed of. You can take it or leave it.'"

Read the full interview at Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment