Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Survivor Stories

More women are coming forward with stories of harassment and assault. 

People reports that Reese Witherspoon spoke at Elle's Women in Hollywood Event about being sexually assaulted by a director at the age of 16.

People reports that Jennifer Lawrence also spoke out at Elle's Women in Hollywood Event, recalling the time she had to participate in a nude lineup: “During this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me. We are stood side-by-side with only tape on covering our privates. After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet.” After standing up for herself by talking to a male producer, she was told "he didn’t know why everyone thought I was so fat, he thought I was ‘perfectly fuckable.”

Lena Headey recently spoke to Variety about two encounters she had with Harvey Weinstein.

Lauren Holly spoke to Variety about the time Harvey Weinstein tried to give her a massage while he was naked.

Molly Ringwald wrote an excellent essay for The New Yorker titled All The Other Harvey Weinsteins, that details her own experiences with assault and harassment in Hollywood; read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment