Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Marriage Advice From Judith Light

Judith Light recently spoke to People about the secret to her marriage to husband of 32 years, Robert Desiderio. Here's what she had to say:

“I met [Robert] on One Life to Live — he was the one who said, ‘You have to leave the soap, you have to go.’ I said, ‘Go? Where am I going? I’m living in the city of my dreams, the city that I love. I’m the girl from New Jersey, I got to be in New York.’ He said, ‘There are people in another area of this business that don’t know what you can do,’ and I said, ‘Are you talking about California?’ He said, ‘Yeah, I think we should move to California.’ I thought, ‘I don’t drive. I don’t want to see sunshine every day. I want the rain. I want the snow. I want to put on my galoshes,’ and he said, ‘No, you really have to do this.’ ”

On having a long distance marriage (she lives in California, he lives in New York):
“It’s been the best. I highly recommend it. He loves California, and I would never ask him to leave there and he would never ask me to leave here. Now, mind you, I go back and I shoot Transparent and I’m there four or five months, so I’m there all the time, so then when I’m done there, I come back here and he’s flying here today, so we’re going to be together for a few days and then I’ll go back to California, so it really is this kind of supportive … we’re on each other’s team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment