Friday, October 20, 2017

Kate Hudson Reflects on the Past

Kate Hudson recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here's what she had to say:

On not wanting to talk about her famous parents earlier in her career:
“I wanted the work to speak for itself. But now, honestly, there’s nothing I love talking about more than my family...I won’t namedrop, but just think of all the movies they were in, from Shampoo to Tequila Sunrise to…Everyone came through here. We’re a very open-door family. All I’ll say is, when you’re little, you don’t realize. But now I’m like: wow, that’s an impressive guest list.”

On spending some of her formative years on a ranch in Colorado:
“One of my favorite memories is watching Kurt break in horses. He’s quite the cowboy, and he had this horse, Big Red, who was wild. So, every morning, he’d wake early and go work the horse, and I’d sit on a fence and watch.”

On being a good little girl:
“I was a very focused little girl. I didn’t rebel from my parents because I wanted validation from them. I never came home with a piercing or a tattoo; I was always the designated driver. I got a bit boy-crazy in high school, but I didn’t party, so I was never the coolest person in class. At the weekends, I wasn’t chilling with friends; I had shit to do! I still do – I can’t not be busy.”

On whether or not romantic comedies get a bad rap:
“Not just romcoms, but comedy in general. People underestimate it. With drama, you can draw it out, make it more emotional. But with comedy, you have to have perfect chemistry and timing or it won’t be funny. And not everyone can do that.”

On whether or not she's always happy:
“No! I’d be a crazy person if I was happy all the time. Maybe my extroverted nature makes people think I am… And I do love life. But I’ve had times in my life that were intensely not coming from a happy place...Contentment takes discipline. Exercise and meditation improve our moods and keep us healthy. So that’s what I do. I’ve tried all kinds of yoga, but transcendental meditation is the one I always go back to. It’s so simple and quiet.”

Read the full interview at Net-a-Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment