Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Billy Eichner Gets Ripped

Billy Eichner is featured in the new issue of Men's Health Magazine. Here are some highlights from that interview:

On getting in shape for his role on American Horror Story: Cult:
"I'm not looking to be The Rock. No one told me to do this. Yes, I got the personal trainer role. But I don't think the producers cared if I was in the kind of shape I'm in. I'm a comedian. I could be 400 pounds and I'd probably be more popular! If I'm being honest, I'm really doing it for me...I was a fat kid. Keep that in mind. I played John Goodman's son in an SNL sketch when I was 14. That fat. So I've come a long way."

On his work ethic:
"The first few years of Billy on the Street, I didn't want people to know how much work it took. We do a good job of making it look like I went out for a couple of weeks, got all this amazing footage, and there it is. It looks really raw and lo-fi. But we'd shoot for months and months...I have discipline. I ran this morning. Now I'm here. I did a million things in between. And I'll be up all night working. When I want something to happen, I have a very good work ethic. Including this."

On unplugging:
"It's very hard for me to leave my phone in the locker room. But I think it made my workouts way better. And just life in general. It's good to take an hour away from your phone."

On his motivation to work out:
"I enjoy dating. At some level, you want to start having sex with better-looking people. Which is why everyone is here."

Read the full interview at Men's Health.

A post shared by Billy Eichner (@billyeichner) on

No comments:

Post a Comment