Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Tyler Posey Opens Up About Depression and Therapy

Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey recently spoke to Page Six at the JED Foundation's 16th annual gala. Here's what he had to say about struggling with depression:

“I’ve struggled a lot with therapy because it’s got a stigma to it and also it’s really gotta work for you, I’ve found. As open as you can be about it and as willing as you want to kind of experiment with therapy you still have to find the right person that speaks to you and feels like a good fit for you.

The best thing about it is getting it all out there. Whatever you have on your chest it just feels really good to talk to somebody who you have no ties to … so I think therapy is great. I think everyone should try it out.

Taking even one therapy session is just one step in the right direction to getting help and getting better, so I think it’s great. I love it. I’ve convinced a lot of my friends to get into therapy, and they’ve given it a shot. Sometimes it’s not for everybody at that time.

Right now I’m somewhat OK and mentally stable that I don’t need to be in it a couple of times a week, whereas other phases of my life I felt like I needed it at least a couple of times a week. Therapy just kind of gives you resources to manage your life outside of therapy, so you can kind of ween yourself off of it a little bit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment